Tuesday 5 October 2010

The Mung Bean and Rice Fast


On the eve of my first ever yogic fast, I have ravaged my last bar of chocolate and have cooked up a gargantuan pot of mung beans, rice and veg. I am embarking upon a mung bean and rice yogic fast with a number of goals in mind:-
a) whittle away this layer of podge that has accumulated on my person.
b) look and feel better and healthier - if I want to be a yoga teacher, I have to look the part.
c) explore if it really does what it says on the tin. The tin, written by Yogi Bhajan of Kundalini Yoga ilk, proclaims the fast to be a 'good, cleansing diet that gives plenty of nourishment' (Tick. This is my first fast and I don't want to give myself a painful, uphill struggle) which is 'good for the kidneys, colon and digestive organs' (tick. No explanation needed!)
Ok, so my instructions are to eat only mung beans and rice for 30 days. Include lots of fresh vegetables cooked into it. May eat fruit in between meals as snack and Yogi Tea may also be taken.
I will take a photo of my face every evening to record how the fast is impacting physically. It will be interesting to see in retrospect if it actually does have any effect on my skin and weight. Well, watch this space. And fingers crossed... tomorrow morning's breakfast? Mung beans, rice and veg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment